What the fuck is a Sturgeon Moon?
The Sturgeon moon is named after the sturgeon fish (pictured above) commonly harvested from the Great Lakes and Lake Chaplain during late summer. The Sturgeon Moon marks the beginning of the harvest season and is also commonly referred to as the Green Corn moon, Grain Moon, and the Red Moon. Tomorrow’s full moon in Aquarius is this years last Super Moon and marks a period of gratitude for nature, a time to prepare to harvest crops, help someone less fortune, and reflect on your impact in your environment.
What the fuck are you supposed to do during the full Sturgeon Moon?
- Clean up your space. – In order to receive, you have to have space to accept. I’d take tomorrow nights full moon to clear clutter from your space. Focus on making room in areas you are manifesting more abundance. Want a new man? Dump your old one so you have space to receive a new one. Manifesting a healthier lifestyle? Clean out those cubbards and your fridge, toss that junk! Looking to make more money? Review your finances and cut out unnecessary spending. Do you really need to be paying extra to skip commercials on your streaming service? Make space to receive!
- Nothing! – That’s right. The full moon is a fantastic time to just draw breath and exist. Turn off all those beeping buzzing distractions and just sit with yourself. Make yourself diner, watch your favorite show in your underwear, sit outside and observe the moon, or take a nap. You don’t always have to be doing something, just chill.
- Charge those crystals boo. – If you’re anything like me, those spiritual tools are overdue for a good cleaning and moon bath. After you clean, clear, smudge, or whatever is your flavor, sit those babies outside to absorb the energy of the moon. Its amazing how quickly you can gain clarity through resetting the energetic vibration of your crystals.
- Make an offering to your ancestors and spirit guides. – You know your ancestors and guides way better than I do so go with your intuion to decide what’s the best offering to make. If its your first offering and you’re not sure what to do, meditate on it. As long as you’re earnest your guides will nudge you towards what they would like. Could be herbs, could be fried chicken, no judgment here. The most important thing to remember is to trust your intuition.
- Practice Gratitude! – If you’ve been following me for any amount of time or know me personally, you know that I promote gratitude in everything you do. If you do nothing else, show appreciation for everything you already have. Make a donation, volunteer, help someone for no reason. Gratitude is the greatest attractor for more abundance and it just makes you feel good to be reminded of all the ways you are already abundantly blessed.
These are just some ideas of some things that would be good to do on the full Sturgeon Moon. Just as with everything else on your spiritual journey, your practice is personal to you so if you want to modify this list of ideas or scrap it all together, that’s your business! The main thing you should focus on, during the Sturgeon Moon is performing activities that bring your focus towards gratitude, and making spacefor your harvest. Whatever that looks like or feels like for you is the right thing to do.
Do you already have a Sturgeon Moon practice? Do you perform rituals that aren’t on this list but you feel they should be? I’d love to learn something new from you. Leave it in the comments below or email me and let’s talk about it!