Hey guys! Welcome back to Witchcraft Wednesday.
Witchcraft Wednesday’s is all about sharing with you my knowledge of common tools used in spiritual practices.
That was pretty simple to explain. Let’s get right into it!
THIS WEEK’S TOPIC COVERS: Palo Santo!
What the fuck is Palo Santo?
Palo Santo, also known as “Holy Wood” is a native tree to South American countries. Palo Santo, or (Bursera graveolens), grows in the dry tropical forests of Peru and Ecuador. This tree produces aromatic resin and oils that have been used in medicinal practices over thousands of years.
When do you use Palo Santo?
Palo Santo in all of it’s forms, wood, oil, and resin, has many uses which include:
- Pain Reduction
- Stress Relief
- Aroma Therapy
- Clear blocked or negative energy
How do you use Palo Santo?
Depending on your intent, Palo Santo can be used in multiple ways.
As a pain relief aid you may opt to use a palo oil to rub on aching joints and muscles.
For stress relief, you could use palo as a form of aroma therapy, either by burning the wood chips from the palo tree or using an oil warmer to release the fragrance.
To clear negative energies, I like to burn palo chips and use the smoke to smudge my space.
- As with any spiritual practice, I open by giving thanks and showing gratitude for all of the blessings and abundance in my life and the lives of those around me that help lead me on the path I am meant to grow on.
- Once that’s done, I set my intention on my space by asking spirit to help me use the smoke from the palo to release and neutralize any negative energies that are not meant to aid me in my growth.
- Then I set out my palo in my caldron and set it on fire.
- I then walk around my home or space and allow he smoke from the palo to waft up into corners, under beds, inside cabinets, wherever I feel negative energy radiating and I thank spirit for helping me to clear that energy.
- Once the palo has burned out, I dump the ashes in my black ash jar so I can later use it to make black salt.
I know! I hit you with some whole other stuff in that last step but don’t worry, we will get to all of that soon enough.
Where can you purchase Palo Santo?
Palo Santo can be found in many places including Walmart and Amazon, but if you’re like me and into the entire experience of collecting your spiritual tools, I’d recommend you visit your local esoteric shop. Most, if not all, esoteric shops carry Palo Santo in at least one of its forms and the people who work there can give you more useful tips and tricks on how to keep the wood stick burning longer as well as recommend a stubbing bowl to use.
Well Folks! That’s it. That’s all I’ve got for you about Palo Santo. Come back next week to see what I have in store for you.
Have you used Palo Santo before? What has been your experience with using it in your spiritual practice? I’d love to hear all about it in the comments below!